Saturday, March 26, 2011

ISFiT 2011 : Never Ending Story

Alhamdulillah. My thankfull for Allah SWT who has give me all of this. My undergraduation thesis title that I’ve made with referrals from my lecturer (Ma’am Hanny) has been approved. Wuih, there will be next long journey to my graduation, at least I have passed one of the step to become Bachelor of Communication Science.

Oh, It’s several days after ISFiT 2011 has been held in Trondheim, Norway. That was the best moment I’ve ever had in my entire life (hahahah). I’d like to tell you my story (a lot of story actually) and don’t be bored of it, hehe. But there’s no doubt you won’t be bored because it was really fun and interesting and it will make you really curious and exciting to apply for the next ISFiT 2013.

Ok, first I want to tell you how can I get the invitation, I applied the application on ISFiT website (isfit.org) you can googling it. And told about my personal profile, essay about the theme I choosed. It’s simply and you don’t have to tell too much stories and just explain what is your concern about, your curiosity of the theme and workshop, and the importan thing is you should have social thought and at least you have done something for your neighboorhood. Not a big act, but something that related form your own self, but if you have made some social event or something like it’s more considered. So, my advise is, from now, you have to care about your neighboorhood and try to start a change from your thought and your habbit to be more active in your school, do something for the environment, but don’t forget to do it sincerely. It works well. J

ISFiT 2011 theme was GLOBAL HEALTH. And I applied for Workshop Sub theme #4 Water for my first choice. I really like the topic because Indonesia has an unique problem with this. So, even I come from different background and not really connected from the topic, water and health, I was still confident and make the connectivity of it. Because you know, communication can be use for everything in this world, even ants have their own communication for communicate each other (nono, that’s not what I’ve learned in my school, it’s just an example, hehe).


On the departure day, 9th February 2011, my friend Renjay drive me to the airport with my mom and dad. At the airport I met David, my friend from Unpad too and we did the check in and you know what, it was my first time to go abroad and I was so panic and I don’t know how to do the check in (fiuhhh… thanks to David, he taught me), so the KLM officer who saw me asked, “Oh, seems it’s your first experience to going abroad, aren’t you?” LOL. Yeah, that’s silly for me, but that’s ok, I was trying to be confident with my self. After we met another participants on the boarding lounge. I had long trip (about 25 hours-include 5 hours transit in Amsterdam). It was awful, we arrived in Trondheim on 10th February and we greeted by ISFiT volunters (Tord and Hanna). They really nice and gave us the bus ticket to the city. Do you know what, when we went out from the airplane, we saw the snow, the thick snow. WOW awesome!


I was becoming more excited when I arrived to Trofoue (I forget how to spell it) and we were waiting for our host fam. We were lucky because we arrived one day before the festival start. And I met one of my workshop leader, Hakon. He’s really nice and cute (hehe).

On the first day we still didn’t have workshop. The Crown Prince of Norway gave us a little opening about DIGNITY. How people can encourage his self to be better one and how they can help others to get their dignity. Actually he said that dignity really connecting with everything we should get as a human. After it we met each other from our workshop, we played a game named HI HA HOO (it’s funny game). I met my workshop leaders, Ida, Sofie, and Orjan (he likes to be called OREO, hihi). And Elise as my workshop contact (she alwas prepared our food and drink. Hehe)

*Hakon, Sofie, Orjan, Me, Ida

In my workshop, I have Keka (I love her style, cute and stylish, and flower in her hair, that’s cute!),

*keka is the one who wore the white t-shirt

Slavisa (the first time I met him, I think he is silent guy, but the fact is he sometimes made jokes and he really responsible man—he accompany me to wait my flight to paris in OSLO airport. Hahay)

David (he always curious about everything that related with believes, and he’s really funny guy with his english accent.. :D),

*me, Dinda, Gomez, and David

Mei Huan (a girl from china, sometime she is wishy washy but she’s really nice to me to give the topping for eat rice),

*me, Mei huan, and Ismi

Gomez (he acts like don juan. LOL)

*Johana, me, Gomez, Slavisha, Margaritha

Margaritha (she’s like a model and I like her costume when we have the student peace prize ceremony),

the cookie queen Gulia, she's funny and nice.. :D

*me, Gulia, Mei huan, Margarita, Aline, Ismi, Katie, Nastiti

Aline and Marina (always together and never been separated hehe. They brought chocolate from her country and I ate a lot!!! Haha sorry).

Abigail (I learned a lot from her about Africa, the corruption, and one thing is important is don’t direcly believe and influenced by the mass media about Africa. Hm it’s really nice to have conversation at Lychee that night with her friend Patricia too)

*me and Abigail

Jennifer (don’t believe with her cute face, because she is little bit older *sensored. Hihihi)

*Ismi, Jennifer, Katie, Zinabu, Nicole, and me

Katie (american girl, she’s nice and chill out, she is the first person who pulled me onto the dance floor. Haha that time I felt so shy to dancing).

Gagan (he’s really smart guy! I like him when he start to arguing, he speaks english very well-I can’t follow his speech actually because he speaks really fast. Hehe)

Jesse (he’s from USA and he has curly hair. It was nice when Sasha braid his hair. Wohooo like NBA’s player. Haha)

Atamp (he’s really tall you know! Wow. Atamp really like to be photographed, and Nastiti was his loyal photographer I think. Lol)

*Gagan, Gulia, Zinabu, me, and Attamp

Dinda (just like me from Indonesia, everyone love her tiger hat!! :D)

Ismi (Indonesia too, oh I really remember how one of the participant from Africa who we met in Amsterdam always looking for her and want to make Ismi as his wife. Haha)

Johana (she’s really nice and smart).

Nastiti (the photographer, she comes from Indonesia but she is studying in Taiwan. I called her teteh – it’s like sister in my country.)

Nicole (she told me that her father haven’t gave her the atm card yet, hehe we talked a lot).

*me and Nicole

Riku (he is from Findland and know Indonesia well, every morning he always said ‘selamat pagi’ with good accent. Hehe, I’ve gotten one funny picture with him.)

*Riku and me. LOL

Pema (he gave me Buthan’s money, and really love his traditional clothes from Buthan, on the first day I thought he was silent, but that was wrong, he is cheerful and like to talk)

Tahsin (the birthday guy! I like the cake, thank you Tahsin, because of your birthday I can eat a big slice of Norwegian cake, haha)

*Hakon, Shasha, Gagan, Tahsin, Attamp, Jesse, Prince, Riku, Simon, Yen

Rony (huaaa I miss Rony, he’s nice and care. I remember that he accompany me when I was freezing and we did some interesting conversation about culture claim. ;))

*me and Rony

Simon (he’s really tall and I like his thought, he’s smart.)

Sebastian (ohhh your so cute sebastian.. hihihi. First time I met you when you were looking for me and asked my friends from Indonesia ‘where is Kiky Panda?’ and I was standing near you. Hehehe. )

*me and Sebastian

Sasha (cute girl! You got my little secret about someone in Trondheim. Hehehe. I like your dance! Hope we can dance together again someday. ;))

Prince (hmmm.... I'll make a confession here, so you don't have to curious anymore about whether I saw something that night or not..hahahah. ok, I saw him - at Sofie's toilet - but I didn't see it!!!! I just saw him. :P )

Zuzana (she’s pretty and smart, I like it. And she is really nice with her glasses.. heheheh)

Zinabu (wohooo! One word for you, cool! I like her smile, her openness, and she’s a moslem from Ghana. I really surprised on the first day she came to me and said that ‘I’m a moslem too’ and it is really nice to know her.)

*me and Zinabu

Yen (Taiwan guy! He wears glases and he’s smart because ha talked a lot during the workshop)

Yad (he study in USA. Unfortunately he came home early. But he was amazing, neat and tidy guy. Hehehe)

That’s all my friend in workshop water. I really love them. Wish we can meet again someday. Hiks hiks. ISFiT was really spectacular, awesome, amazing, extraordinary student festival. I’ve learned so many things, about dignity, about tolerance, differences, friend, team work, world problems and sollutions, and so on. And of course, I’m in love with Trondheim. I’m going to apply my master there. Wish me luck! J


4 comments:

  1. I really like you job Kiky Panda!...I am sure if people will read this, they will try to apply for ISFiT 2013!...Loved it!, and thank you for taking care of mentioning everyone,it was very fun to read.

    Sorry I couldn't mention it some days ago but I will say it now: I hope you had a great birthday and thatyou were surrounded by funny people that made you smile. Wishing you a fantastic 2012.

    Sebastian (the very cute one ;) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thank you 'the very cute one'.. heheh

      and thank you for correcting anyway..
      I haven't edited it because I'm online by cellphone.. happy a year of ISFiT 2011!!!
      :D

      Delete
  2. Dear Rizky Fauzia,
    I've known that you did have wonderful experiences in ISFiT 2011.
    I'm applying for the one in 2015 and I'm fancy about your experiences. Could you please share them with me?
    My e-mail is diepanh.tran94@gmail.com.
    It would be my pleasure chatting with you :D
    Looking forward to hearing from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ruoi sorry for the late replay.. how was the application? Did you make it?
      I wish you got the invitation! :D
      I kinda busy after my marriage life and I have migrated my blog in to rizkyfauziasalim.wordpress.com so I almost never updating blogspot..
      cheers! :D

      Delete

where do you come from?

widgets

Total Pageviews